GLOBAL EXECUTIVE MBA
CEIBS Global Executive MBA is a part-time 20-month programme with a strong focus on managerial issues, coupled with leadership development and coaching sessions.
GLOBAL EXECUTIVE MBA
CEIBS Global Executive MBA is a part-time 20-month programme with a strong focus on managerial issues, coupled with leadership development and coaching sessions. You will receive a world-class education with a unique vantage point bridging the rapidly changing business and economic landscape of Europe, Asia and Africa. The Global EMBA programme is for high-potential upper-level entrepreneurs and executives, to advance their careers by deeply enriching and developing their leadership skills and analytical abilities. With modules available in 11 cities worldwide, a diverse student body from more than 20 countries and two integrated cohorts running between China, Europe and Africa, CEIBS Global EMBA provides unparalleled opportunities for participants to expand their global network, while plugging into China’s largest business school alumni network (with over 22,000 members). The CEIBS Global EMBA is designed to enhance your professional experience as an executive within an organisation, with a focus on Accounting & Finance, Marketing, Economics & Decision Sciences, and Management.
On completion of the programme, you will be equipped with the following:
- 1000 hours of team-work in culturally diverse teams and up to 155 individual hours of immersive China experience through learning alongside top Chinese and international executives in an environment of cross-cultural dialogue and with state-of-the-art facilities
- Access to a more than 22,000 strong alumni network
- An understanding of the unique challenges of operating in China’s business environment as an integrated part of the global economy
- Completion of a nine-month-long practical project in a five-member team, resolving a real strategic issue faced by an organisation, providing an intensive hands-on integrated experience and adding real-life value to the company
- An understand of and the ability to apply fundamental concepts from the basic business domains of Accounting & Finance, Economics & Decision Sciences, Marketing and Management
- The ability to integrate knowledge and concepts across functional areas to diagnose and solve complex business problems
- An understanding of and the ability to apply appropriate leadership behaviour and skills for enhancing personal and organisational effectiveness
At a Glance
Duration: 20 months, starts every Fall
Schedule: Part-time, 8 days every second month or 4 days each month
Absence: 45 days out of office
Location: Shanghai, Zurich, Barcelona, Accra + two global electives
Accreditation: EQUIS and AACSB
Price: USD 98'000
Average Age: 39
Average Years of Work Experience: 15
Countries Represented: 21
Your Learning Journey
The Global EMBA programme is for high-potential upper-level entrepreneurs and executives, to advance their careers by deeply enriching and developing their leadership skills and analytical abilities.The CEIBS Global EMBA is a rigorous academic programme designed for experienced executives and entrepreneurs who are looking to broaden their general management skills and knowledge. It is a dynamic and multi-faceted programme, underpinned by four pillars:
1. Leadership and personal development
The programme opens with a week-long module that focuses exclusively on developing your leadership capabilities. In this module, you will be assigned an executive coach who works with you throughout the module to help you discover your own leadership style. With this foundation in place, you can supplement your leadership development through the Organisational Behaviour module; leadership electives, and comprehensive reflection sessions in the programme’s Exit Module.
2. Business fundamentals
In order to provide you with the resources for continued growth in your career, the Global EMBA curriculum will build a strong analytical foundation, based on the latest developments in the functional areas of Organisational Behaviour, Operations Management, Marketing, Financial Reporting, Managerial Accounting, and Corporate Finance.
3. Strategic Capabilities and Integrating Business Functions
The programme will raise your business acumen and strategic ability through dynamic modules such as: Entrepreneurial Management, Strategic Management, and an interactive Strategic Simulation. These modules will show you how to tie the various business functions together successfully. You will also work on a ten-month-long Capstone Project in a team of five to apply your classroom learnings to a real strategic issue faced by an organisation, providing a hands-on, integrated experience.
4. Global Journey
To help you excel in the global arena, you will have the opportunity to experience the global business environment first-hand. You will choose from 8 Global Elective modules delivered in 8 countries across 5 continents.
- Undergraduate university degree or above.
- 10 years work experience with 7 years in managerial positions. (You are welcome to contact us for an assessment of your experience.)
- Strong command of both written and spoken English.
Admission to the CEIBS Global EMBA programme is highly competitive. Not all qualified candidates can be admitted.
The Admissions Committee strives to select candidates who have demonstrated outstanding achievements during their career, and those who can best fulfil the graduate study requirements, bring the most experience and diversity to the class, and have the talent and integrity to become business leaders.