Mastering China at the Board Level
Please join us for our upcoming seminar on Mastering China at the Board Level on October 07, 2020.
About the Seminar
As most internationally oriented firms have an increasing number of interactions with China and Chinese firms, a solid understanding of the opportunities and challenges of doing business with and in China is essential. The effective governance of such interactions has turned out to be a major value driver. This requires investors, board members and top management to be fully aware of the corporate governance regulations, and have a clear view of how to drive board effectiveness in such a context.
Now in its third year, this seminar is aimed at executives of companies which do business with or have an interest in China and who wish to learn about work and boardroom culture issues and the corporate governance system of China.
- 09:00 Introduction: Key Challenges of Mastering China at the Board Level
- 09:15 Succeeding in Today’s China
- 10:30 Coffee Break
- 10:45 Mastering Corporate Governance in a Globalized World – The Case of China with Prof. Dr. Michael Hilb
- 12:00 Lunch
- 13:00 Mastering Chinese Corporate Culture with John-James Farquharson
- 14:15 The Board’s Necessary Knowledge of Chinese Law with Dr. Paul Thaler
- 15:15 Coffee Break
- 15:30 Mastering Subsidiary Governance with Prof. Dr. Roland Müller
- 16:30 Lessons Learned
- 17:00 Network Apéro Riche
This event is organised by the following partners:
- International Center for Corporate Governance
- China Europe International Business School (CEIBS Europe)
- Swiss-Chinese Chamber of Commerce
Former Chief HR Officer ChemChina-Bluestar
Prof. Dr. Michael Hilb
Titular Professor, University of Fribourg, Board Member, Klingelnberg, and Entrepreneur, DBP Holding
Prof. Dr. Roland Müller
Titular Professor, Universities of Berne and St. Gallen and Chairman of the Financial Market Authorities of Liechtenstein and of Trisa Ebnat Ltd.
Dr. Paul Thaler
Senior Partner of Wenfei Law, Member of Legal Chapter SCCC
Date: October 07, 2020
Time: 9:00am-5:00pm (Zurich time)
Venue: CEIBS Zurich Campus, Hirsackerstrasse 46, 8810 Horgen
Price: CHF 850 (including digital board seminar documentation as well as lunch, snacks and Apéro Riche)
Application deadline: September 30, 2020